2014 Ardee Awards
Celebrating Excellence in the Arts
The Arts and Cultural Trust is very pleased to invite nominations for the second annual Ardee Awards celebrating excellence in the arts. Named in recognition of Mayor Ardell F. Bredeâ€™s enduring support of the arts in our community, the Ardee Awards will honor the very best in the visual and performing arts and the humanities and those whose support through leadership, education, and collaboration have had a significant impact on these endeavors.
Call for Nominations
Any member of the public may make nominations. Nominators are welcome to submit nominations for all categories.
Nomination materials should consist of a completed nomination form and an accompanying narrative in support of the nomination. In preparation of the narrative, consider the specific criteria listed for each award. All nomination materials shall remain the property of the Trust.
Deadline for submission is September 19, 2014.
Completed nomination materials may be submitted electronically or mailed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Rochester Arts and Cultural Trust
30 Civic Center Drive SE, Suite 200
Rochester, MN 55904
All award recipients will be recognized at The FĂŞte â€“ Celebrating Excellence in the Arts on October 21, 2014 at the Mayo Civic Center in Rochester.
Mayorâ€™s Award for Public Art
Recognizes an individual or organizationâ€™s efforts in the development of a public art project that contributes to the quality of life and economic development of Rochester.
- To receive priority consideration for this award, project should be an innovative and creative contribution.
- Recipient should display exemplary commitment and leadership in the field of public art.
- It can be awarded to either an individual (including an artist, an administrator, a volunteer, a designer, or a government official) or an organization (including an arts council, a public arts program, or a private or public entity).
Leadership in the Arts Award
Recognizes an individual or organization from the business, legal, arts, or civic sectors whose work has had a significant impact on Rochesterâ€™s cultural landscape.
- Recipient has played an important role in the advancement of the arts in the community for a minimum of ten years.
- Recipientâ€™s vision and leadership has provided heightened visibility to the value of the arts.
- Leadership can encompass time, talent, and/or treasure aspects in providing a significant impact.
Arts Collaboration Award
Recognizes a successful collaboration between an arts organization and a non-arts organization that furthers the interests of both parties, to the benefit of the arts in Rochester.
- Collaboration can be for a one-time event or an on-going project in Rochester.
- The collaboration must result in a successfully articulated outcome for both parties as well as the community.
Outstanding Artist Award
Recognizes an individual artist who has demonstrated exceptional innovation, boldness, and creativity.
- The definition of an artist refers to anyone involved in any of the art disciplines â€“ performing, visual, and the humanities.
- The artist will have been active in his/her field for a minimum of ten years.
Outstanding Volunteer in the Arts Award
Recognizes outstanding contributions of an active individual, organization, or business.
- Recipient goes above and beyond in service to artists, arts organizations, or arts programming initiatives.
- The recipientâ€™s work has considerably impacted the quality of the arts in the community.
- Recipient is self-motivated and displays leadership either in oneself or in leading others.
- Recipient serves as a role model in the arts community through volunteerism.
- Recipient has worked as a volunteer for a minimum of five years.
Excellence in Arts Education Award
Honors an individual or organization in Rochester that has worked to implement excellence in arts education.
- Recipient can be involved with arts education in either an in-school or out-of-school capacity.
- Recipient has recognized a need or opportunity for arts education in the community and has taken steps to implement a solution.
Youth in Arts Award
Recognizes an individual or group (through age 18) that has achieved a consistent level of excellence in their art form.
- Must have been involved in the discipline for a minimum of five years.
- Level of excellence is measured by such criteria as awards won, community recognition, or similar credits.
Peopleâ€™s Choice Award
Recognizes a favorite arts or cultural event selected through a public polling process.
- The time period covered for the selection of the event is September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014.
- Poll question: What was your favorite arts or cultural event during the defined time period?
- The definition of arts or cultural event is: performance, individual performer, gallery exhibit, art show, festival or the like.
Outstanding Greater Rochester Arts Award
Recognizes an individual or organization located outside Rochester (but within the 11-county SE MN area) that has contributed to the artistic and cultural fabric of SE MN.
- Recipient must be involved in the arts for a minimum of ten years.
- Award can be recognition for a single event or a body of work.